In consequtive events that would do Tsutsuji Baba proud, Beez seems to be closing its doors in Europe, as Bandai Entertainment exits physical distribution in America. I say “seems” because it is unconfirmed sorta kinda. Both entities will be releasing Sorakake Girl to its completion.
The Girl Who Leapt Through Space, just what is it???
Joking aside, you wonder if the two moves are related to Bandai’s ultimate goals.
I probably shouldn’t have, but I skimmed the ANN forum threads (since Chris B’s forum is still not fully recovered and the old Mania forum just doesn’t have the same…capitalist intensity that the it used to have since the split) and it was pretty much the usual face-palm as you’d expect. But it was pretty amusing. So here I made a bingo chart. Click for full version (I think).
- releasing singles killed bandai
- k-on killed bandai
- hating on bandai visual
- hating on japanese businessmen
- suits keeping the common man down
- whining about aniplex pricing
- whining about lack of dubs
- hating on bandai quitting
- cheering on bandai quitting
- sadface for fewer dub jobs
- sadface for turn-a gundam
- sadface for k-on
- sadface for code geass manga
- pointless semantics argument
- pointless discussion about economics
- whining about japanese paying more for video
- thinking japanese people are suckers for paying more
- propose to boycott someone
- ironic statement about boycotting
- sub versus dub argument
- whining about BD audio problems
- whining about moe
- whining about otaku living in parents’ basements
- fearmonger for cartoon network shows